Dear Friends, Colleagues and Partners,
On Monday 23 March the Government issued stringent guidelines about the need for everyone to stay at home, including a request for employees to work from home unless it’s impossible to do so. Following the broadcast, many businesses – who cannot operate from home – temporarily closed until such time as the rules are relaxed.
After the announcement, the Joseph Ash Group (including Premier Galvanizing and Joseph Ash Galvanizing) took the decision to keep our plants open. This is because it is critical to maintain operations for the companies carrying out essential services, who rely on us as part of their supply chain.
For example, in the last few days and over the next few weeks we have the following steelwork booked into our plants:
- Motorway barriers and road infrastructure components
- Food manufacturing walkways
- Steelwork for the temporary NHS Nightingale Hospital (Excel Centre), other medical buildings and sadly a temporary morgue
- Gas mains, sewage works and oil pumping components
- Clinical waste bins and trucks
- Security fencing and security bollards
- Works we are undertaking on Project Mensa which is critical to maintaining the country’s nuclear defence capability, as we are the UK’s only ‘Fit for Nuclear’ approved galvanizing company.
The safety of our team members and customers is our top priority, therefore please be assured that whilst we are operating, we are adhering to the Government’s strict and necessary guidelines about social distancing and hygiene.
To minimise the numbers of people at the plants, all team members who are able to work from home are doing so, and they have been equipped with the necessary IT and communications tools to allow them to work remotely.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.
We hope you and your friends, families and colleagues keep safe and well during this difficult time.
Joseph Ash Group